12.26.2011

The Day After Christmas

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/hopeful-post-christmas-melancholy

      This is a short article that has meant a lot to me the last couple years.  No matter how great my Christmas is, it never ceases that I feel a little "blue" the day after.   But this is such a great reminder that it's a GOOD thing that Christmas doesn't fulfill me.  God has put eternity in our hearts so that I cannot be satisfied with simply the birth of Christ. I need the life of Christ... His love, ministry, forgiveness, death, resurrection, banquet table, glory, grace, all of it. 
     So I'm grateful for a beautiful Christmas, time with family, and lots of good giving and receiving, but I'm glad that God has given us Jesus everyday, not just December 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment