8.28.2011

The Women I Know



As I emailed and facebooked a large number of people (mostly women) to invite to check out this blog, I was overwhelmed to consider the incredible women I know. I am so blessed by these women who have inspired me, encouraged me, loved me, helped me at some point or another in my life. The span of what they do is amazing and I want to give you an idea here. I actually know….

An engineer
A professional athlete
A woman in government
Multiple doctors
Multiple nurses
Photographers 

Women who are or have been in the service
Women married to men in the service
A woman who manages a multi-million dollar store
A woman who manages a large medical facility
Multiple women who manage all kinds of other businesses and people
Multiple women who have started their own business
Teachers
Musicians
Missionaries
Women in ministry
Writers
Women brave enough to go back to school and reinvent themselves
A model
A chef
A hair stylist
Dancers
Students
CEO’s of large household operations who are incredible enough to take on the jobs of multiple employees, all as non-profit work known as being a stay-at-home MOM.
Administrative Assistants
Therapists
Pastor’s wives
Women who have made it their greatest honor to love their husbands well, more well known as being a WIFE
A journalist
A scientist
And more…



If you are reading this, you are probably on this list. I hope that seeing all these roles in one place inspires you like it inspires me. Not in a “girl-power” way by any means but in a LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, AND WONDERFULLY MADE YOU ARE. Each one of these occupations is truly an art form. I hope we have eyes to see and appreciate those around us. I sometimes struggle in my own life to find the artfulness and greater purpose of being in sales. Account executive, representative, whatever you want to call me, I sometimes wish I was more directly changing lives like a teacher or nurse or a stay at home mom. But I do realize I help make things more beautiful through the painting process (even if it is a plain white wall) and my helping people helps businesses, so I can rest in that. But today, I am VERY excited to think I just might have the opportunity to now help YOU, do what YOU do. I will never be an engineer (thank you Lord) but maybe I can encourage and pray for an engineer. I will never be a chef or a scientist, but maybe I can remind a chef or a scientist the joy it is to work with God’s creation that others may see it and glorify God for a breathtaking pastry or a life-saving vaccine. If that is possible, and I pray God will pour blessings over this web site, through your computer screen and into your heart and make it possible, it would be one of my greatest honors and privileges.


So to all of you incredible women…I do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified US to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. (Colossians 1:9-12, emphasis mine)


Thank you for letting me be a part of your journey!


1 comment: